Call Judy:(707) 266 8211, expert in Napa Valley real estate
- • For up-to-date information on the housing market in Napa see my article below.
- • Explore my newsletters (News tab in the top navigation bar). Read snippets below and archived articles to the right.
- • Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Recommendations for those looking for a home for sale in Napa or for those who want to sell a home in Napa Valley:
- • “… From the quick email response of 15 minutes… it has been nothing less than just a true blessing to have found Judy to help our family purchase our first home… Right away we all felt comfortable and sure that Judy had our needs in mind in everything she presented to us. Every home we would go and see we walked out feeling empowered and conscious of what we were truly looking for and what to look out for… Her flexible availability made it easier for my wife and I to be able to go and see homes while still caring for two kiddos and a 5 month old baby…we were able to put a bid on a home that we just fell in love with and eventually ended up purchasing. We always felt that through the entire process Judy walked next to us through this journey…Her professionalism and people’s skills became even more evident when we began working with a seller and broker. We always felt her to be looking out for our interest…Her connection to the community that she serves made us feel even more confident in her. When asked by family, co workers and friends about our experience with our realtor, we can’t say enough, we just tell them that they just have to meet with Judy for 5-10 minutes so that they can understand the talent, heart and dedication that Judy has to her clients. We feel very fortunate and lucky to have found Judy to help us find our first home…”–Alonso and Maria Medrano
- “The task of selling with the contingency to find a replacement property seemed daunting and complicated and Judy’s expertise and attention to detail was paramount in the successful closure of both escrows on the same day. She advised on the best way to present my house for the market and within 7 days of listing I had 3 offers, one of which I accepted. She then helped me find my replacement property, for which I had fairly specific criteria. The whole process could not have gone any smoother. I would highly recommend Judy for any real estate needs.” J. Mepham, 11-2014
- • “Having been in sales all my adult life I feel I know a good honest salesperson when I come in contact with one… Judy Naimo is the best of the best… In the end everyone was very happy. both my wife and I and the buyers. Judy always strives for a win-win outcome. Could write about her all day. Truly the best of the best.”
- • “Judy was a perfect realtor–actually she went above and beyond her job, making sure the process went as smooth as possible as well as protecting us and our funds from being taken advantage… she is a A+++++++++ person to deal with…highly recommend her…After the sale of my home she is more like a friend than a realtor we still stay in touch. A+++++++++ to Judy Naimo”“
- • “Judy… took the time to show us properties that no one else would. In the beginning of our search other agents would not help us because of the loan type we were seeking. Without the blink of an eye Judy helped us with no questions asked. She was on our team from the start. Her client focused non-pressure style was refreshing. I always knew that she had our best interests in mind. I can’t give a higher recommendation. I look forward having her help us again in the future. “
- • “Judy worked very hard for us, letting us know what to do to our home to get the asking price we wanted…very well-educated in the sales of homes…very articulate as to what needs to be done… has a great people personality. I consider Judy Naimo a good friend after this experience. You can’t find any better.”
- • “Her grasp of the process and paperwork is phenomenal, she is just an excellent Realtor. She is always my recommendation to anyone who asks.”
- • ”Even though I thought I knew exactly what I wanted in a house, Judy encouraged me to keep open to possibilities… she was so helpful and patient, we… found the home for me… kind and thoughtful and so good at what she does…made the whole process easier to deal with. I would recommend her without a moments hesitation.”
- • “(Judy) helped me buy a home. She is a great person! Very trust worthy special for first time buyers. She explained everything thoroughly and made me feel comfortable. Thank you Judy!”
- • “… not until you are with her and work with her can you fully appreciate how much investment she makes in her clients. We felt she was 200% behind us… her expertise and her attention to our needs were very reassuring. Her successes in buying and in selling speak for themselves…We recommend her most highly.”
- • “..Judy was willing to show me homes at times that meshed with my schedule…Judy was tireless and patient in searching for a house that fit my needs and budget. Judy didn’t just find a house for me, she found my home.”
- • “Judy has an abundance of knowledge of properties…understands trends locally that affect price and opportunity. Her referral to a broker provided quick pre-approval with a competitive potential loan package… professional, tenacious and committed to her clients. I wholeheartedly recommend her.”
- • “I’ve known Judy for over 10 years. I rate her 5 stars out of a 5 stars. Why so high? Judy cares and has proven herself, not only in words but by her actions.”
- • “Judy Naimo knows the Napa Valley real estate market as a resident and realtor for over 30 years and can be trusted to give you the best advice in regards to your buying or selling decisions of property in the valley… extremely knowledgeable, trustworthy and pleasant to work with. If you are looking for a realtor for your transaction or someone else, I would strongly recommend Judy.”
2014 December Profile update
As you read below, you will understand why Judy Naimo is highly recommended:
“My commitment to you:
Purchase and sell real property quickly and profitably, with less disruption to your family.
Let’s develop a strategy together that:
• Suits your individual needs
• Reduces the chaos and confusion created in most real estate transactions
• Works extensively with you to negotiate a great price for your purchase
• Makes your home more appealing to buyers
• Analyzes rental inventory and financial opportunities
• Fits your long term goals
• Creates a plan to save you time, money and taxes
I entered the real estate business at a time when interest rates were at an all-time high and most properties were on the market for years. Because of this I am exceptionally focused on making sure that each transaction is analyzed as the investment it really is.
• 1980 Licensed real estate agent
• 1984 Licensed Broker
• 1990 Certified Residential Specialist
• 1995 Napa County Association Service Award
• 1997 Realtor of the Year
• Graduate Realtor Institute
• 2010 Certified HAFA Specialist
• EcoGreen Certified
• Broker of Green Valley Associates 1987 to 2010
• General Manager of Heritage Sotheby’s International Realty 2010 to 2014
• Broker Associate of Coldwell Banker Brokers of the Valley 2014
• Member of the Board of the North Bay Housing Coalition for over 10 years”
Judy is always doing everything she can to serve her clients.
More people grill in July than any other month. While grilling is all about good food, fun, friends and celebrations, it is important to make sure that accidents don’t interrupt your activities. Approximately half of the injuries involving grills are thermal burns. If you work with fire, there’s a chance of getting burned.
- Only use BBQ grills outdoors and in ventilated areas.
- Place the grill away from home or anything that could be flammable.
- Keep grill stable.
- Keep fire under control.
- Keep children away from grill.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- The grill lid should always be open before lighting it.
- Grease should not be allowed to build up in the grill.
- Use long-handled utensils.
- Check the tank hose and connections for leaks before using it for the first time each year by using a light soapy water solution to see if bubbles appear.
- If you smell gas when the grill is lit, move away from the grill and call the fire department.
- If the flame goes out, turn off the gas for 15 minutes and open the lid before re-lighting it.
- Never add any starter fluid or other flammable liquid to a fire.
- Only use charcoal starter fluid and not gasoline, kerosene or other flammable liquid.
- Keep starter fluid away from heat sources and out of reach of children.
- Electric charcoal starters do not use fire but have a coil to ignite the coals.
- When finished cooking, close off the grill vents to suffocate the fire and save some of the remaining charcoal.
Practice safe grilling and enjoy the occasions to cook outdoors and share with your family and friends.
There’s A Lot Of Pent-Up Demand for Real Estate in Napa Valley
Here is an update on the housing market in Napa Valley. All the reasons that existed before about why homeowners in Napa are moving still exist. Marriage, divorce, birth, death, job transfer, and tax planning are the reasons Napa home sellers are moving too. In other words, there is a constant supply of home sellers and home buyers. You may be curious to know what happens when the Napa housing inventory is the lowest it’s been since 2005.
Of course you realize that any time there is a shortage of a commodity the demand usually drives prices up. It’s not unusual then for some Napa home buyers to be asking themselves if they shouldn’t wait until there are more homes on the market. That is a logical consideration.
In addition to the extremely low inventory of homes for sale in Napa, mortgage loan interest rates are still incredibly low. In fact, mortgage interest rates are lower than they were in the 1970s. An important question Napa home buyers need to ask themselves is how their home purchasing power will be affected when interest rates go up ½%, 1%, or more.
Thinking about Buying a Napa home for sale?
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda,
Buying a home in Napa is a big decision. Your family dynamics will undoubtedly dictate the right time to purchase a home. However, it’s important to consider this when you are planning.
Let’s imagine that a property appreciates about 12%; for example, the price of $350,000 goes up to $400,000.
Loan Amount of $350,000 at 3.5% at 4.0% at 4.5%
Monthly P & I payment $1571 $1670 $1773
Loan Amount of $400,000
Monthly P & I payment $1776 $1909 $2026
With the rates that prevailed at the end of 2013, a home mortgage payment would be $455 more a month with a rise of 1 % in the mortgage rate for a $400,000 mortgage. In short, keeping your eye on mortgage interest rates rising is as important as being concerned about the rise in home prices.
For More Helpful Information for Napa home buyers
You can request a HomeBuyers Guide in the right sidebar. In it you’ll find tips on Buying a home:
• The reasons why you should obtain a prequalified loan before you start looking for a home for sale in Napa
• Why it’s a good idea to get a mortgage loan consultant
• Fully understand what a FICO score is and the factors that affect it.
A Homesellers Guide is also available on request.
- • Learn the importance of a home inspection before you put your home up for sale
- • The factors that go into determining the asking price of a home
- • What is worth fixing or remodeling: Landscaping? Kitchen remodel? Entertainment center? Get the answers from Judy.
WHAT NAPA HOME OWNERS SHOULD KNOW
Take Pictures Now
Reminiscing is easier with photos: suggestions for photos..
Where Are the Sellers
Reasons it’s a good time to sell a home right now.
Eliminate Mortgage Insurance
Even a few years of appreciation of your home may make it possible to eliminate your mortgage insurance.
Make Your Offer Standout
Tips on how to make your offer more attractive to the seller.
Who Would Want To Be Without One
The advantages of using a realtor for buying and selling.
Pay More or Less
Features of the adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) that will surprise you.
Learn more about amortization especially for your own mortgage loan.
On this website for Napa Valley real estate information, Judy intends to be a resource for whatever information you may need as a buyer or seller of a Napa home for sale as well as current homeowner. Weekly articles are added and then archived (under News) that focus on topics related to one or more these groups of people such are renting versus buying, winter maintenance tips, how personal finance affect what mortgage rate are available to you, etc. As a start, you can check out the archived materials through the sidebar under “Archives.”
You can read information created especially for the Home Buyer and for the Home Seller by making a request for the relevant guide or by reading the information filed under each category in the menu. And then checking the list of archived articles where there is even more.
As you may know, one of the services that help realtors and home buyers alike is the availability of MLS listing such as found here. The boxes at the top of this column provides access to MLS offerings in Napa and nearby communities.
Starting in January 2014 Judy moved her office to Coldwell Banker where she is happily providing her real estate services among people and in surroundings that she loves. Ever busy showing homes, making offerings, dealing with the closing process on homes, she still makes room for any new client who comes to her.
The quality of her services is always very high—she over-delivers because she knows how important a real estate investment is for many who still cherish the American dream of owning their own home. You can trust Judy because her personality is built on the value of caring for others.
While this website is intended to answer any question that you have about homes for sale in Napa, CA, the buying and selling process covers many related topics such as: personal finance, credit score, home mortgage, points related to mortgages, being pre-qualified for a home purchase with an approved mortgage loan in hand, home inspections, the role of a home appraisal, offers to buy a house for sale in Napa Valley, how to set a price for selling your Napa home, foreclosures, etc., you can save time by calling her at 707-266-8211 or emailing her: Judy@JudyNaimo.com.
Please realize that you don’t obligate yourself to Judy and her services when you call her with the questions that you have. Speaking to her on the phone or in person is the best way to make sure that all of your questions have been addressed. Too many of the public believe that the only time you contact a real estate agent or real estate broker is when you are ready to enter the housing market as a buyer or seller. No, you can have your questions answered before you even think about buying or selling a home.
THERE ARE MORE DETAILS: